On this page we have provided some information to help you plan your Alaska trip and some links that we hope you will find useful.
It was the last day of the salmon derby and I don’t know what Terry was doing
right but we couldn’t keep the fish off our lines!
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Testimonial # 2
Our lodgings were impeccable, wonderful! Terry’s a delightful host... The town’s quaint,
the locals are great, and we caught some really nice fish... If you’re
looking for the original Alaska experience, this is it!
Santa Clarita, California
I’ve been up there to fish a lot of years, and Terry’s a good guy to go
fishing with. Every morning he’s on time, he puts in a good long day. If it’s
possible to get fish, he’ll get them for you!
Getting to Chicobi Charters
Chicobi Charters is located in Pelican, Alaska. The typical route to get to us is via Juneau, Alaska or Sitka, Alaska with Juneau being the preferred route by most of our clients. If you take the preferred route the following travel choices are available to you.
Travel options to Pelican, Alaska via Juneau, Alaska
To Juneau from the lower 48 States:
- (PREFERRED ROUTE) Commerical airlines service to Juneau via this link for Alaska Airlines
- Bellingham, WA to Juneau, AK via this link for Alaska Marine Highway System
- Driving the Alaska Highway (also call the ALCAN Hiway) follow this link to Wikipedia for more information. You will need to drop off at Haines or Skagway and take a ferry to Juneau.
To Pelican from Juneau:
- (PREFFERED ROUTE) For air travel to and from Pelican, Alaska see Alaska Seaplanes
- (PREFFERED ROUTE) For Ferry travel to and from Pelican, Alaska see Alaska Marine Highway System
Planning your trip
- We will meet you at your plane or ferry when you arrive in Pelican.
- Northern Southeast Alaska gets its share of rain. Average temperatures are in the mid 60's. Rain wear and the layering of light clothing are recommended. It sunshine’s here, but not all of the time!
- We encourage you to visit this link for pelican.net as this site will provide you with a wealth of information which we feel you'll want to know.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please don't forget your motion sickness medicine.
- Pelican no longer has a grocery store and although there is a restaurant, we recommend that you purchase and bring with you any fresh and frozen grocery items you will want. Chicobi Charters does have some non-perishable items on hand but you should inquire ahead of time to verify our stock.
Feel free to contact us if there is additional information we can provide to help you plan your visit with us!
Other useful links:
Alaska Fishing License and King Salmon Stamp. Buy a license online at this link Alaska Department of Fish & Game. You may also find other information of interest on this website.
Learn about Pelican from this link to Wikipedia
Visit the official website for Pelican at this link for Pelican.net
Don't forget to checkout the Activities page on Pelican.net
For air travel to and from Juneau see Alaska Airlines
For Ferry travel to and from Pelican, Alaska see see Alaska Marine Highway System
For air travel to and from Pelican, Alaska see Alaska Seaplanes
For seafood processing and packaging your fish for your return home see Cross Sound Foods
For information on Juneau see TravelJuneau.com
For informaton on Sitka see Sitka.org